Saturday, June 25, 2005


(click for larger image)

It is looking increasingly likely that the sunflowers I mentioned a few days ago are indeed hybrids. It will be interesting to see how much it branches, since Golden Hedge Incredible* was branchless and the tall red had a Lot of branches. If you look at the base of the leaf stems you can see small leaves and flower buds. Perhaps the additional heads won't grow out on branches, but there close to the stem?

Also in this picture is a leaf from my Birdhouse Gourd plant, Alyssum, orange Cosmos, and Garden Balsam.

*I just looked up Golden Hedge in an online seed catalogue and it i's a branching plant, so that can't be it. I think it must have been an Incredible.
I really need to keep better notes about what I've planted and where. This week I've got to go around the garden and take notes while I can recall what's what.

No comments: